Youth Park Ambassador
Oliver Parks and Recreation is currently accepting applications for Youth Park Ambassadors. Youth Park Ambassadors act as hosts and provide general supervision of the Small Wheels Playground in the summer months.
- Ensure a safe environment free of hazards, bullying and vandalism
- Ensure appropriate usage of the Park
- Encourage safety: use of helmets and any other required safety equipment when using the Small Wheels Playground
- Plan and lead activities in the Small Wheels Playground (i.e. – Summer Skate Camps)
- Provide minor first aid when required
- Complete incident reports as necessary and follow up with supervisory staff
- Act as a host to the general public visiting the Small Wheels Playground
- Build relationships with visitors and create a sense of trust and respect
- Provide appropriate authority to visitors ensuring respect of the park
- Experience and/or education background working with children and youth
- Demonstrated ability to provide appropriate supervision and authority to members of the public
- Understanding of the skateboarding & biking culture
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to resolve conflict
- Complete a satisfactory criminal record check
- Valid First Aid and CPR-C
Terms of Employment:
- Monday, June 21, 2021 – Saturday, Sept 4, 2021
- 20-30 hours/week with varied shifts between Monday – Sunday 9:00am-9:00pm
Please forward your cover letter and resume indicating “Youth Park Ambassador” by
Friday, May 28 to:
Katie Hadwin, Recreation Supervisor
Oliver Parks and Recreation
6359 Park Drive
We thank all applicants for their interest in these positions; however only those under consideration will be contacted.
Are you interested in teaching a class at Oliver Parks and Recreation?
We are always on the lookout for new program ideas and instructors. Do you have an interesting idea? Let us know, at 250-498-4985 or contact us through our contact page.