Oliver Parks and Recreation Society
The Oliver Parks and Recreation Society Annual General Meeting followed by the regular monthly meeting are being held on Monday April 20 and due to COVID-19, both meetings will held online. Unfortunately we will not be able to stream these meetings live. We will, however, post the agendas on our website and invite questions/feedback about the items on the agenda to come in via email to email@example.com. Recordings of the meetings will be shared on our website.
The Oliver Parks and Recreation Society believes that recreation encompasses a broad spectrum of activities vital to the development of our community’s character, spirit and culture.
Development of a sense of Community & Development of the Individual. For the same reasons that public education is seen as a service essential to the social framework of society, so should the development of the individual be supported as a socially worthwhile goal. Because the individual’s identification with his/her community environment is important, efforts to foster growth of community character, spirit and culture should also be supported. Both goals exhibit benefit to all citizens of Oliver.
Oliver Parks and Recreation Society Strategic Goals:
- Active Living: Foster active living through recreation.
- Access and Inclusion: Increase inclusion and access to recreation for populations that face constraints to participation.
- Connecting People with Nature: Help people connect to nature through recreation.
- Supportive Environments: Ensure the provision of supportive physical and social environments that encourage participation in recreation and build a strong, caring community.
- Recreation Capacity: Ensure the continued growth and sustainability of the recreation industry and the Oliver Parks and Recreation Society.
Oliver Parks and Recreation Society Board of Directors
- Shiela Lange – Chair
- Dennis Magoffin – Vice-Chair
- Helene Urcullu – Secretary
- Tamela Edwards
- Aimee Grice
- Rachel Allenbrand
- Marvin Louie
- Terry Schafer
- Director Area C Rick Knodel
- Mayor Martin Johansen