Weight Room Updates as of November 1, 2021:
Weekend hours of operation have increased: Saturday's 6am-4pm & Sunday's 6am-5pm
Thursday, November 11 - Remembrance Day Holiday hours 12-4pm
Youth Fit Weight Room Program: 4-5pm on Thurs & Sat Nov 4-Dec 9
We will be closed to the public during this time
A reminder that under the current Provincial Health Order, masks are required to be worn when you are in the weight room, the only exception is when you are actively working out.
Proof of Double Vaccination is required for anyone to work out in the facility. Proof of vaccination is being checked by staff at the time of membership purchase or at the time a drop in is purchased, if we have not already checked and noted on the member’s account. We ask that when there is no staff in the weight room, members do not allow others into the facility, as mentioned in the code of conduct listed below our rates.
CODE OF CONDUCT
As a member/user of this facility I agree to comply with the following guidelines or risk the suspension or termination of my membership privileges:
1. I will ensure that my membership is always in good standing.
2. I will not use my key to allow entry to nonmembers or open the door to allow entry for nonmembers.
3. I will respect the equipment in the weight room by using equipment properly, putting things back in their place, wiping down equipment after use
and informing staff or volunteers when something is not working properly.
4. I will sign the daily waiver upon entry each time I use the facility.
5. I will remove outside footwear and put on a pair of clean shoes.
6. I will be respectful of staff, volunteers and other weight room users.
7. I will dress appropriately for using a public fitness facility.
8. I will respect the 20-minute time limit on cardio machines during peak/busy times.
9. I will strive to always use the weight room space and equipment in a safe, appropriate way that will further my physical fitness.
10. I will strive to uphold the core values of Oliver Parks & Recreation: Safety, Health, Commitment, Accountability, Fun, Respect, & Service Excellence
Group/Corporate Membership Rates
Oliver Parks and Recreation believes that healthier workplaces are the most productive. It is also true that people who commit to exercise together and keep each other accountable are more motivated and successful in their fitness goals. A business or organization that purchase 3 or 6 month memberships for a minimum of six its employees will receive a 25% overall discount as well as a free group weight room orientation session. To register your workplace for a corporate membership rate please contact us at 250-498-4985.
18 years and up
Youth Weight Room Program
Learn to use the weight room in a safe and effective manner by attending a one-time, 60-minute orientation session with our staff. Sessions are offered Mon-Fri after 3:00pm. Please register in advance at the office or by calling us at 250-498-4985. An orientation must be completed in order to purchase a membership.
14 years and up
Fitness Room Orientations
New to the weight room or trying to get in to a more active lifestyle? Attend a one-time introduction to the weight room to get familiar with the cardio and weight equipment options and how to use them safely and effectively. Sessions are offered Mon-Fri after 5:00pm. Please register in advance at the office or by calling 250-498-4985. Participants must be 14 years or older and hold a current membership or pay a drop-in fee to attend.